Scalp micropigmentation is a revolutionary hair loss solution designed to help both men and women suffering from this condition. The treatment involves a specialized procedure that simulates the natural hair follicle look on the scalp leaving the appearance of a freshly shaved or thicker hairstyle.
The treatment is not limited to hair loss but can be used to treat the following conditions.
• Androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness)
• Adding density to give an illusion of fuller head of hair
• Women’s hair loss
• Covering up scars on the scalp such as surgical scars
• Repairing bad hair loss treatments
• Along with Hair Transplants
Scalp micropigmentation treatment offers a safe and effective alternative treatment for hair loss especially for people who may not want to undergo costly hair transplant treatments. This cosmetic procedure is largely non-invasive and provides clients with the opportunity to achieve a great look that is also easy to maintain. Hair loss can often affect the self-esteem and confidence of an individual but with scalp micropigmentation, your confidence can be easily restored leaving you feeling great and looking great too.
How Scalp Micropigmentation Works
Scalp pigmentation is an advanced form of tattooing or cosmetic pigmentation that involves injecting pigmentation into the scalp using specialized equipment. Achieving the desired natural look takes a skilled and experienced professional because of the nature of the intricate procedure. Moreover, it is important for the inks used to match the natural hair color of the individual receiving treatment to achieve a natural look. The pigmentation is injected in a way that creates a three-dimensional appearance of a naturally shaved hairstyle in bald men.
Here is a look at the treatment process that you can expect to go through when you visit our facility.
The treatment process usually takes 2-3 sessions in which time the patient goes through consultation to determine the best course of treatment.
Here is the treatment process you can expect at a professional Scalp Micropigmentation Boston facility.
• The initial consultation will involve meeting you in person or by speaking over the phone. During this consultation, we will discuss and establish what your goals are in terms of the style you would want to achieve. We will then design a plan that is best suited to achieve the goals that you have outlined.
• The initial consultation is followed by the first session of treatment that will typically involve laying the foundation. Our treatment will be simple because the best way to achieve great results is through a gradual treatment process. You will probably notice that your scalp will be a little red after the treatment but will return to normal after a day or so.
• During the second round of treatment, we will use a darker shade that will intensify the look and achieve the desired look. This treatment is used to add in more details and perfect the look and is typically the last treatment unless we determine that you will need to come in for a third session.
Why You Should Opt For Scalp Micropigmentation
Scalp micropigmentation can give such a realistic look that no one or even a camera will be able to distinguish it from the real thing.
We have outlined the reasons why scalp micropigmentation is one of the best options as a hair loss solution currently available:
1) Appearance of Unlimited hair density
Scalp micropigmentation will result in immediate results when it comes to achieving a high hair density look or an appearance of fullness and thickness of hair. Alternatively, solutions like hair transplantation and specifically follicular unit extraction (FUE) will result in an initial loss of hair density and it may take up to a year to regain that density. The treatments also usually involve very costly and demanding procedures.
2) Requires little maintenance
SMP requires virtually no maintenance on the area that has received treatment and you will have the freshly shaved hairstyle look all the time.
3) Combination treatment of SMP and Hair transplantation
In some instances, SMP can be done in combination with hair transplantation procedures. This is to give the individual with an appearance of fuller and thicker hair along with the real texturized hair. Through consultation, it can be determined which procedure should be done first for best results to be achieved and often the hair transplantation procedures will come before the SMP procedures.
4) Treating hair loss conditions
Hair loss can be a natural occurrence such as male pattern balding. The cause can also be certain conditions such as lupus and thyroid issues or a side effect from certain types of medication. The conventional treatment often provided to restore the hair and hair density are often expensive and sometimes ineffective. SMP, on the other hand, offers a relatively affordable and cost effective way of achieving a look that replicates the illusion of more hair density and completely diminishes the look of hairloss.
5) Corrective Procedure
There are cases where SMP has been performed by an unqualified technician resulting in undesirable results. In these cases, corrective SMP can be used to fix these botched procedures. At Scalp Designs, we have over 4 years experience in the industry
6) Covering up Scars on the scalp
Procedures such as FUE can result in severe scarring on the scalp, which can be unsightly. Scalp micropigmentation can in such cases be used to camouflage the scarring and no one will be able to tell that you had any kind of procedure done on your scalp and thereby restoring your confidence.